Sunday, September 16, 2012

"Spanna boyz with mek" or "How I paint my ork boyz"


Greetings, greenskins!
Today I'll tell you how I paint ork boyz fast and simple.

This method took me 8-9 hours to paint this mob. But if you will combine some processes you get faster.
I will use old names of Citadel paints. But if you need, here is the conversion chart.

So, let's start.
My miniatures before priming

We need to use white primer for this work.
After priming I paint skin with Sunburst Yellow colour.



Then I wash skin with Thraka Green 2 times.




Then I paint coats and helmets with colour of my ork clan (Blazing Orange). You may use different colours.


Leather parts of miniature were painted with Scorched Brown and Snakebite Leather.


Then I paint boots with Adeptus Battlegrey.

Metal parts was painted with Boltgun Metal (and a little bit Dwarf Bronze).


And then it is time for washing:
- coats and helmets - Devlan Mud;
- metal parts - Griphone Sepia and then Badab Black;
- leather parts - Badab Black.


I paint teeth with next sequence: Scorched Brown -> Snakebite Leather -> Bleached Bone -> Scull White.
Nails are painted the same way, but without Scull White step.

Then I paint eyes with Blood Red, base miniature with sand and grass and paint rims with Chaos Black.
And here we go)

Vote on CoolMiniOrNot please.
Comments and critics are welcome.

5 comments:

  1. the only thing that you could work on a bit is brown/leather parts - rest is greac - very close to what I do as well, great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I work on fastpaint, so for me this kind of leather is enough.
    I always spend more time on leather when I paint Independent characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 years later and this post still taught someone something good! Will be testing the Yellow followed by Thraka method when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks) Yellow followed by Thraka will really do the job.

      Delete